You can turn any paper form into a digital template with Record TIME. Whether it be a pre-start checklist, WH&S safety checklist, proof of delivery, toolbox talk or a COVID safety checklist, you can do it all from the Record TIME backend. All you need to do is follow the following 4 simple steps, to become a paperless company. In this example, we will design a simple proof of delivery template.
- Login to your backend
- Go to “Docket Book Manager” and click “Docket Templates.
- Click the “Add New” button from the right side of the page.
- On the pop-up window, either select a “Blank template” to create a template from scratch or you can select “Add from Template Bank” and click “Continue” to go next.
Add from Template Bank
- If you choose to go with the “Add from Template Bank” option, tick the checkbox for it and click “Continue”.
- You will see a list of templates to choose from. You can preview the template and click “Install” once you are happy with it.
- Go to the “Docket Book Manager >> Docket Templates” page once a template has been added/installed.
- Choose the template you have added and open it to make changes to suit your business needs.
- Once you hit “Save” it will ask you to tag/assign your employees. You can choose to assign them later. However, to assign employees in the future, you will have to go to “Docket Book Manager >> Assign Docket Templates” and click “Assign”.
- If you choose to go with the “Blank Template” option, tick the checkbox for it and click “Continue”.
- On the second window, add the name for your docket template and click next. In this example: we will name the template “Delivery Docket” to make it obvious for our staff.
- Choose the desired method of approval and click “Next”
- In the last screen click “No” to create a new template. Only click yes if you want your templates to be invoiceable.
Once your template has been created you can choose to add elements from the “Docket Elements” section. In this example, we have added the following:
“Date” element: This is a default field that is created with every template. Employees can use this field to capture the date of delivery.
“Short Text” element: We have added two short text fields and named one “Delivery Driver” and the other “Client”.
- Employees' name will go under the delivery driver field.
- Employees can record the name of the client in the “Client” field.
You can also use “Prefillers”, which are drop-down boxes. This makes filling the docket out faster. Read more about “How to use a prefiller”
“Location” element: We have named this element “Delivery Location”. This field can auto-populate the current location if location services are turned on in the mobile app. You can also manually enter this detail if required.
“Long Text” element: We have named this element “Description of Items” to list any additional details needed. A long text element provides a multi-line text field for large amounts of text.
“Image” element: We have added an image element and named it “Image of Items”. This allows employees to take photos of the items being delivered.
“Signature” element: We have named this element “Recipient Signature”. This will help to get a confirmation of delivery from the client. Signatures can be captured effortlessly, by signing on screen.
Below is the screenshot of what we have just created:
Once you hit “Save” it will ask you to tag/assign your employees. You can choose to assign them later. However, to assign employees in the future, you will have to go to “Docket Book Manager >> Assign Docket Templates” and click “Assign”.